PEARSE ÓG HAS OVERCOME ALL THE ADVERSARIES FACING IT OVER THE YEARS TO BECOME A TRUE FOOTBALLING SUCCESS STORY.
From its foundation in Dougan's Loft in 1950 it has provided a positive focus for both the young men and their families in the Cathedral city of Armagh. The success on the field of it's teams stems mainly from the emphasis placed on the development of Youth, from under 6 level upwards. While off the pitch the dedicated efforts of it's members have kept the ardent community spirt of the club alive and prospering.
ORIGINS OF THE CLUB NAME?
Na Piarsaigh Óga translates as the Young Pearses, proudly take their name from the 1916 Irish Republicans Padraig and Willie Pearse. The Club's crest features 'The Flaming Sword', the symbol generally associated with Pearse and his newspaper, surrounded with the Club colours green and gold, with an outline of Armagh City.